We would like to thank all Biewer Terrier Breeders who have submitted your applications for registration with the Biewer Terrier Registry of America. Please be sure to read the entire application thoroughly, being careful to answer all required information. Also, please check to make sure that you have signed the application in all required areas. This will assist BTRA in being able to process your applications in a timely manner.
E-mail to BTRA2007@msn.com
All breeding dogs registered with BTRA must be DNA profiled with DDC or Neogen.
Registrations Requiring Wisdom Panel or Embark testing both Foreign and Domestic are;
Non-BTCA Member ~ $50.00 BTCA Member ~ $40.
Wisdom Panel/Mars is working to make the full panel of results more accessible, until they have accomplished their goal, you must email them a request to send Tamara the complete PDF with the results of your dog.
1. Breed detection ~ We recommend doing the health testing at the same time as you receive a substantial savings by combining the two.
Wisdom Panel; https://www.wisdompanel.com/products/product-comparison/
2. DNA Profile ~
DDC; https://vetdnacenter.com/dna-tests/canine-dna-testing/canine-dna-profiling/ (this is a $38.00 test)
Neogen; This is organization that AKC uses.
3. BTRA single dog registration ~ Click on single dog registration button to download the application.
4. Email the Wisdom Panel or Embark results link, copy of DNA profile, single dog app. & a picture of your dog to Tamara at BTRA2007@msn.com.
5. After you receive your BTRA registration you can then register with AKC.
A dog that is 50% Biewer Terrier and 50% Yorkie or percentage of any other breed will fail and not be allowed registration.
Picture may be sumbitted with or without the name.
If you have any questions concerning your registrations, please contact Tamara at BTRA2007@msn.com
1) Dogs must be purebred Biewer Terrier.
2) Puppies from any litter born prior to the Initial Registration of the sire and/or dam will be treated as individuals; each puppy must meet the Initial Registration Requirements.
3) When applying for a litter registration, both parents must be BTRA registered.
4) Applicant dogs already registered as “NOT FOR BREEDING” by another registry will only be registered as “NOT FOR BREEDING” by BTRA.
Applicant dogs with “FULL REGISTRATION - BREEDING” Status must be DNA profiled by DDC. We can not accept DNA profiles from other companies as we are unable to cross reference profiles when verifying parentage.
Applicant adult dogs with “RESTRICTED REGISTRATION - NOT FOR BREEDING” status are not required to provide DNA Profiling, but may do so on a voluntary basis for informational and tracking purposes.
All applications for dogs applying for Initial Registration must include CERTIFIED pedigrees covering AT LEAST 3 generations, including all registration numbers, from all the registries in which the applicant dog, its parents, and its grandparents are currently or were registered.
Single Dog Registration Requirements:
1) Complete and submit Initial BTRA Single Registration Application.
2) Submit a photocopy of the applicant dog’s registration certificate.
3) Submit color photo to be used on registration.
4) Submit the Wisdom Panel or Embark results. Tamara will instruct you on how to submit the information that is needed by BTRA.
5) Submit photocopy of DNA profile certificate
If a dog is already registered with another registry, that registered name will remain the same. (You cannot add your kennel name or change any information on the document)
If the applicant dog is not accepted for Initial Registration with BTRA, the registration fee will be returned. Applications and photos will be retained by the BTRA as part of their Registry files.
AKC’s 3 generation pedigree rule for advancement into the Misc. group.
50% Yorkshire Terrier and 50% Biewer Terrier is considered a splitter (mix breed) and will not be registered.
Web site hosted by the BTCA, Inc. © 2019
U.S. Copyright laws protect all materials
Biewer Terrier Registry of America™
"BTRA reserves the right to refuse registration on any applicant"
Litter Registration Requirements:
We will be continuing the alphabetical naming system. We feel this helps the breeder keep better and more accurate records. Names can not be more than 45 characters.
Your first litter will start with the letter "A". Second litter "B" and so on.
When you receive your puppy registration certificate package, each puppy will have been assigned a registration number at that time. When the new owners send in the completed puppy registration certificate they will receive a registration certificate in their name.
1) Complete and submit Initial BTRA Litter Registration Application. When you fill out the litter application make sure you put the full name of each puppy and state whether it is Male or Female. Names can not be more than 45 characters. (We do not have much space to accommodate more characters)
2) Submit a color photo of the litter with the mother.